Saturday, April 18, 2009

Daddy's first interaction with BellaReese

So, after weeks of trying to get Brian to feel Isabella kick, we still have not succeeded, ha. Every time he puts his hands on my belly, she stops moving. BUT, we were sitting on the couch last night and I lifted my shirt up and said, "she is going crazy in there, watch my belly". So, for a few minutes we were looking and finally she made my whole lower belly protrude and poke out, then quiver as she moved away, so I looked at Bri and asked if he saw it and noticed that he had turned his head away. Annoyed, I said, "watch my belly, damn it!" A few moments later, she did the same thing and Daddy finally got to see his daughter move!! I was so excited, possibly moreso than him!! I told BellaReese she was such a good baby, but would be the best baby when she actually kicked daddy for the first time (reminding her gently that it will be the only time she will legitimately get to assault daddy). I am convinced by week 23 Bella will have punched or kicked Brian.

I always thought it would be very weird and alien-like to feel and see the baby inside of me, (in fact, it used to scare me more than the thought of labor) but I have to admit it is quite remarkable and very "normal" feeling; I love every time I feel her move and look forward to the next kick or jab. Despite all the movements and ultrasounds, it is still somewhat unreal that OUR baby is inside me, that the little foot we somehow made* is stomping on my bladder or playing footsie with my cervix, which hurts tremendously. (*I know how we made the baby, I just think the whole process of 2 cells dividing into a million different ones somehow forms a human being, is beyond comprehension...). Hopefully the next time I see everyone, you will be able to see or feel her; I love showing her off already. I am going to be the worlds most annoying mom, EVERYONE LOOK AT MY BABY, ALL THE TIME! ha.

Now labor, on the other hand, is starting to scare me tremendously....

No comments: