Thursday, April 2, 2009

Latest OB appointment

Bri and I went to the OB yesterday for our monthly check in, and everything seems to be going great so far (knock on wood). The baby is right on track for its growth, lying just below my belly button. By Sunday, it should be at my belly button! It's heart beat is down to about 145 bpm, which he said was normal...their heartbeats usually start to fall around this time. He said it will stay high for the first year of its life outside the womb, but it will slowly decelerate from here on out.

I have gained a whopping 15 pounds!!! The doctor didn't mention anything so I am sure it is an ok amount, I just feel huge and I really don't feel like I eat that much!! Brian is always telling me to eat more. I have made it up in my mind that my body is doing what it needs to, so gaining weight is what I will continue to do, my first maternal sacrifice for BellaReese. My belly is starting to "pop"...where I have been showing for most of this pregnancy (it feels like), I feel like it is getting rounder and just growing outwards now. I looked down this morning and my jaw just kinda dropped; I was just shocked at how big my belly is getting....BellaReese is quite the growing machine. I even show a little when I lie down now, no more flat belly anytime. Since we are moving, I have been packing up pictures of me from before getting pregnant, I say to myself "one day I will return to that!", ha! I also made a promise to never consider myself pudgy again once I return to my pre-pregnancy body!

All and all, baby is kicking up a storm and doing well. Brian and I can't ask for much more right now.

No comments: