Sunday, March 8, 2009

16 Weeks!!! Wohoo!!!

So last week the Doctor measured me at 16 weeks, but I wasn't given a new due date, so we will just continue in this way until I have my next appointment on April 1st, or the ultrasound on April 6th!!!! (sooooo excited for that!!) I guess in the next few weeks here the baby is going to grow a lot, and I am assuming I will be too! Can't wait to post more belly pics! Bring on the Cocoa Butter!

Some new developments this week other than already feeling a few baby flutters, Brian and I have secured a girls names (peer to the right of this blog to see it if you haven't already), and have figured out a boys name, as well! We are going to wait a bit to release that to the public however, unless you buy me an at home ultrasound machine for a mere $30,000, then I will divulge the boys name, ha, just kidding. Or am I???

I have been having major butt pain from sitting at work all day long. I am going to bring a workout ball with me to work from now on because sitting on that won't put too much pressure on my tail bone and sciatica, and it helps with posture and developing my ab muscles...hopefully I have retained enough balance to stay sitting on top of it and not falling off! I have been getting a few nose bleeds and carry around a tissue box everywhere, my nose is incredibly stuffy and they say that is extremely common. I say it is extremely annoying. Anyway, continue reading to learn more about Martini!









See the big picture
How your baby's growing:


Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces, or for the more chic readers of this blog, about the length of a mascara tube. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. You're just getting comfortable with being a new mom, but you're actually on the road to being a grandma. If your baby is a girl, her uterus is fully developed and the ovaries already hold primitive egg cells. Did that just make you feel a thousand years old, or what? Your baby's skin is still translucent and wrinkly, not unlike an old man's, but more fat will soon accumulate under the dermas to plump her out. If you could peer inside right now, you'd be able to see all of her veins under her skin. The heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.See what your baby looks like this week.



How your life's changing:


The top of your uterus is about halfway between your pubic bone and your navel, and the round ligaments that support it are thickening and stretching as it grows. You're probably feeling a whole lot better as you settle into pregnancy, too. Less nausea, fewer mood swings, and "glowing" skin contribute to an overall sense of well-being.Soon you'll experience one of the most wonderful moments of pregnancy — feeling your baby move. While some women notice "quickening" as early as 16 weeks, many don't feel their baby move until about 18 weeks or more. (And if this is your first baby, don't be too impatient — you may not be aware of your baby's movements until 20 weeks or so.) The earliest movements may feel like little flutters, gas bubbles, or even like popcorn popping. Over the following weeks they'll grow stronger and you'll be able to feel them much more frequently.

No comments: