Monday, March 9, 2009

Trip to Urgent Care

So, I made a trip to Urgent Care yesterday after work for some irratic heart palpitations and shortness of breath. For the last few days I have had a few episodes where my heart feels like it is going to break out of my rib cage and just pounding really hard and fast, followed by short breaths and chest pressure. They rushed me in right away, being pregnant makes you a high priority I guess! They did an EKG, which came back normal, tested me for clots (since I guess there is a higher risk of them developing while pregnant), that came back better than normal, and gave me an inhaler to clear my airway. Everything sounded/looked normal, so they sent me home stating I need to take it easy, get more sleep and drink more water and most importantly avoid any and all stressful situations, saying that I might just be having trouble processing stress and anxiety right now, a common problem in pregnancy...despite me not feeling any stress whatsoever. I guess I am anxious about finding out the gender, but I think that's more excitement than anything. The doctor I saw said if it doesn't get better in the next few days to call the OB and see what they suggest.

Well, today I am not feeling much better and stuck at work, I just had another episode of crazy heart action...maybe it is work! Maybe work is bad for my health! Ha! I will keep you posted on what I decide to do...for now, I will just continue doing what I have been and if it gets worse call my OB. How annoying!

No comments: