Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Baby's first kicks!!!!

So I went to the bathroom this morning (for like the fifth time) at 5, and when I got back in to bed, I was trying to get comfy and all the sudden I felt two quick "Bump Bump" type nudge/sensations right where the baby is supposed to be! I thought it was to good to be true at first, so I waited for a gurgle noise from my intestines or something to prove my hopes otherwise, but there was nothing! Then I felt the third one and knew, I just felt my baby move!!! It was so incredible! One of the best feelings in this pregnancy so far. To explain it, it felt like if you stick your tongue on the inside of your cheek, that same gentle pressure, just down where the baby is! It was fantastic!!! Brian couldn't feel em, but I could!! I think I am starting to appreciate being a pregnant woman, all the stuff that only I get to enjoy!!! It is so amazing! I can't wait to feel more!! I will post more tomorrow on my OB visit, but I will save that for when I get bored at work!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! baby kicks... I so can not wait till next week so i can feel them.. hopefully I will be able to anyways... oh it is just so exciting. one question though, does it feel like a soccer player or a field goal kicker?

Erin said...

OMG!!! I'm not surprised w/ the size of that baby! This one's got strong legs already for sure. And I know EXACTLY what you mean about rolling your tongue on your cheek, what an awesome analogy. Pretty soon Brian will be able to feel it too, and you'll be able to see a slight rumble w/ each kick. Noa and I used to just sit and stare at my belly waiting for the bumps--be careful it can widdle away evening after evening!