Sunday, March 15, 2009

17 weeks! (only 23 left to go)

I never thought 9 months could take so long!! When I look back to when I found out at 4 weeks to now, I guess time has gone by fast but I feel like it should be summer already! I love being pregnant but I would love to not be pregnant even more! I am just way too impatient and want to see my baby's face and hold it in my arms already, watch her little fingers circle around mine... I was hoping this whole pregnancy thing would teach me patience, actually, it seems to be doing just the opposite...making me neurotic with having to wait; waiting for the next ultrasound, next OB appointment, next week to finish! Oh well, I guess I just have to deal!

Brian and I have been "officially" together for 3 years today! (Happy birthday Leslie!!!) We were on Spring Break in Florida and during a drunken conversation at Disney World, I put him on the spot and asked him what he wanted to do about us, and he flipped my Clauddagh ring and said be my boyfriend, and the rest is history... Now, if you would have asked me to believe that in the next 3 years, I would get engaged, graduate college, get married, buy a new car, get pregnant and raise a puppy, I would have told you to get your head examined, but here we are...married, pregnant, proud parents to a silly wiener dog and getting ready to move into our first home with a garage and backyard. Life does go by fast, and I guess it is my lesson to be learned from God to enjoy the processes while they happen and not always spend so much time wishing for the future that I miss out on life as it happens. I’ll let you know how that whole learning thing works out for me…for now, I am stuck waiting week to week to post updates on my beautiful, growing BellaReese. 22 days until my next ultrasound, 17 days until my next OB appointment, and 161 days until the baby arrives!

Your pregnancy: 17 weeks

How your baby's growing:
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.See what your baby looks like this week.
How your life's changing:
Starting to feel a bit off balance? As your belly grows, your center of gravity changes, so you may begin to occasionally feel a little unsteady on your feet. Try to avoid situations with a high risk of falling. Wear low-heeled shoes to reduce your risk of taking a tumble; trauma to your abdomen could be dangerous for you and your baby.

No comments: