Saturday, July 4, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

Bri and I spent the night of the 2nd at Grandma and Papa Shepards and had breakfast with them on my birthday morning and then headed back up to Madison to see the nursery. Aside from spending half the day just staring at the gorgeous nursery, I had a birthday barbeque dinner with my awesome hubby, the Krauss grandparents, the Martin Grandparents and my best friend, Erin. Afterwards, Grandpa Jim was anxious to get on the road to head back to Naperville so they didn't go out with us, but everyone else and I went bowling. They had a special orange pin that would rotate through the pins and eventually, if it made its way to the headpin and you got a strike on that turn, you won a free game. Everyone had at least one orange headpin through out our 2 games, but I was the only one to actually get a strike on it and win a free game! Pretty awesome! Here are a couple cute pictures of me and Erin.


I am not a believer in all the old wives tales when it comes to pregnancy, since most of them proved to be not true.; wives tales such as a lower heart rate means boy, if you crave cheese and meat it is a boy....both proved to be false for me. The only one, however that seems to have some validity this pregnancy is the way that we are carrying our babies. Erin is having a boy, and is only carrying out in front, and lower, not showing at all from behind. I, who am having a girl, is carrying high and wide, and is pretty obviously preggo from every angle. We are about 5 days apart from each other, due date wise, but her baby already out weighs mine by quite a bit. We don't think she will make it to August. For her sake, we hope she does, cuz her hubby is in Iraq right now and has a 2 week leave over her expected due date, so we are all praying the baby stays in until he comes home so he can be there for the birth!

I can't even believe pictures of me at this point! My belly is just huge! It is so unreal!

Happy 4th everyone!

No comments: